So the 1st birthday was a success!! Alot of mishaps and unforeseeable obstacles definitely did not make it the smoothest party, but none of the guests noticed so I assume that means it was a success. :) I have pictures of a few DIY things to post, but will gather them up first and then post them together .
1. How to maintain composure when great grandmother has a stroke outside of the party
Well, this just happened at our party, yup, paramedics, fire truck, police, my hubby, speaking in a code I used to know when I helped him study in the Academy. Well Grannie is ok, and said she just wanted to be the center of attention , lol.
2. The heat from an outdoors party in the middle of July
This one I thought up for awhile so it ended up going smoothly, we set up misters and a sunsail for the little ones, so noone said it was too hot either
3.The pinata is now soaked from being misted for most of the day
It wouldn't hold b/c the cardboard is now wet, so we strapped the rope around it like we were hogtying an animal, something I have never done to a living animal but works well for pinatas :)
4. What to do with pinata if you do not have a tree :)
Well, have my hubby stand on the roof of the patio of course, he is the tallest so he was voluntold!!(Marine wife term, thank you Marine Corps for drilling it into my hubs )
I have more but will post later
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

OOOH voluntold! I LIKE it!!
ReplyDelete